It’s the “we’re posting late because a flier told us to” edition of local news and views:
- Renew Houston leaders backing drainage fee made millions from city of Houston (Steve Miller, Texas Watchdog)
A nice get for the city’s main source of watchdog journalism.
- Houston’s Prop One: fee or tax? (Gabe Gutierrez, KHOU-11 News)
Yes. Vote against.
- Now an analysis of … “The Bill White story the Chronicle doesn’t want you to read” (Unca Darrell)
The Olson rewrite will go down in Chronicle lore. The mask of honest news and analysis came off. Underneath was naked political bias and a contempt for both the standards of journalism and the people of Houston.
- Pedicabs are regulated for first time in Houston (KHOU-11 News)
Because there weren’t enough laws/regulations on the books in Houston.
- “Green Vehicle Initiative” Finally Comes To Vote; Passes Unanimously (Hair Balls)
- Voter Misinformation Spread in Black Voting Areas (Isiah Carey, KRIV-26 News)
It’s difficult to decide which is more shameful — the people who put together the misleading fliers, or the apparent belief that certain groups of people are somehow more likely to fall for such silliness.
- King Street Patriots Continue Fight to Preserve Freedom and Liberty (Big Jolly Politics)