- Houston No. 2 in U.S. job growth in March – HBJ
Much more important than the latest trinket purchased at taxpayer expense or Parker green initiative.
- FTA looking at Metro fare discrimination complaint – Michael Reed, Examiner News
- HCC withholds report on investigation into business deals – Ericka Mellon, Houston Chronicle
- Harris County tax appraisal down again – Ron Trevino, KHOU-11 News
- Eversole to stand trial with developer in October – Wayne Dolcefino, KTRK-13 News
- Diversity offering challenges as Houston tackles redistricting – Ken Fountain, Examiner News
- COH Redistricting: On Removing the At Large System – Greg's Opinion
- Rise of suburbs thwarts ascent of inner-city clout – Bill King, Houston Chronicle
- Messing with success: Governor's higher ed reform campaign undermines UT and Texas A&M standing – Houston Chronicle
The Chron ed board is about a week late to this manufactured “controversy.”
- Worrisome word: The idea of stalemate in Libya is troubling. So is our stalemate on energy policy – Houston Chronicle
Matt Bramanti’s comment is much better than the editorial.
- Adventures in Headline Writing Part 98704 – Red Ink: Texas