WELCOME to the “CB/LST alumni” edition of news and views:
- Texas State Sen. Rodney Ellis' firm profits from bond business with local public agencies, including many he represents in Austin (Jennifer Peebles and Steve Miller, Texas Watchdog)
- Houston tower once coveted by Omni Hotels to be demolished (Barbara De Lollis, USA Today)
The news lays to rest a plan announced by Omni Hotels in July 2007 to transform the structure into a luxury hotel.
One “expert” in particular: John Keeling!
- Metro Unveils New Transit Plan (Live Oaks)
- Teen robber gets wrestled by angry family (Mike McGuff, KIAH-39 News)
- Fake general denies fraud after donning medals at Parker party (Dane Schiller, Houston Chronicle)
- Fire Pelosi Bus Tour: Republican Thugs Try to Intimidate Blogger (Big Jolly Politics)
- Happy trails to you… (David Benzion, Lone Star Times)
I’m genuinely sad to see this conservative voice closing up shop, whatever our differences on occasion (in retrospect, too often kind of stupid and childish, at least on my part). The association with Dan Patrick that originally led us to create Chronically Biased eventually spawned his Lone Star Times as a followup effort, this blog as an independent spinoff, and, over time, countless other area blogs produced by Chronically Biased or Lone Star Times “alumni” so to speak. We wish all such “alums” the best in whatever comes next!