Today’s news and views roundup comes late….
- Major ReNew Houston/Prop 1 Contributor Steps in it – Again (Big Jolly Politics)
- Conflict of Interest on Red Light Cameras (Ed Schipul, Chron.com)
- City of Houston shopping for federal lobbyist, looks to trim overall lobbying costs (Steve Miller, Texas Watchdog)
Trimming costs? How can this be? I thought Bill White ran Houston like a business and cut all the fat?
- Harris County Attorney addresses allegations of voter intimidation at polls (KHOU-11 News)
In contrast to the Lazy MSM Narrative ™ discussed here, this is how more balanced TV news journalism can look. UPDATE: Sometime after I linked this story, KHOU.com posted a fairly significant rewrite of the original story I linked at the same url. Local media (looking at you too, Chron.com) need to learn to post stories to new URLs when they do these sorts of rewrites.
- The End of the Harris County District Attorney's Office (Life at the Harris County Criminal Justice Center)
- Fair game? (Perry vs World)
To answer PvW’s question: No.