Time to get back in the game…
- Cruise Line Itineraries: It’s not rocket science – Joseph Keefe, Maritime Professional
An outstanding article on the folly of the Port of Houston Bayport Cruise Terminal boondoggle.
- Big spending may not spell school success – Ericka Mellon, Houston Chronicle
- METRO increases security after rash of Park & Ride vehicle break-ins in west Harris County – KTRK-13 News
Except the headline doesn’t match what is reported (which is that security really wasn’t increased; there was just another one-time “awareness” response).
- Latino leaders blast Houston redistricting plan – Mike Morris, Houston Chronicle
- Extreme makeover: plan changes face of District C, carves out new seat – Ken Fountain, Examiner News
- Houston gets DOJ grant to analyze why old rape kits went untested – Grits for Breakfast
- Houston Mayor Says City Future is Strong – Laurie Johnson, KUHF News
Is it even worth having these speeches? The days of Gerald Ford honestly conceding “the state of the union is not good” are long gone.
- Houston Area Survey at 30: The Story Behind the Survey – David Pitman, KUHF News
- Local Dem Activist/Blogger Calls For Obama To Reject Texas Disaster Declaration Over Politics – Rhymes with Right
- “Spirit of Clay” lives on at Hearst Austin news bureau – Kevin Whited, Texas Iconoclast
- Hochberg to move — again? – Evan, Texas Iconoclast
- No real incentive to do better – David Jennings, Big Jolly Politics