- Former Houston city councilman Joe Roach has died – KTRK-13 News
We lost one of the true good guys in Houston politics yesterday. I always hoped he might be mayor one day. May he rest in peace.
- A grim morning in Houston – TBIFOC
- Houston gets nation's first 'super WiFi' hot spot: Pecan Park – Eric Berger, Houston Chronicle
What, Bill White didn’t rush to take credit? No, we guess not….
- Harris County leaders consider privatizing the jail – Mike Morris, Houston Chronicle
- UN Embarrassed by Forecast on Climate Refugees – Alex Bojanowski, Spiegel
Material you probably won’t find on the SciGuy’s faith-based global-warming alarmism blog.
- New Office Replaces Department of Affirmative Action and Contract Compliance – Ed Mayberry, KUHF News
- New Klineberg survey reveals a love for urban living, no big belief in global warming – Steven Thomson, CultureMap
Klineberg cites downtown as among the neighborhoods receiving a response in the new demand for urban environments. “You can see it happening already. The $4.5 billion in downtown revitalization is starting to pay off,” he says. “Downtown has the best law firms, banks, theater district and restaurants. There’s a lot of appeal.
Ever notice how frequently Klineberg mixes in his personal opinion (like here!) — often not substantiated by his survey — and it is just picked up uncritically as fact?